08.30 Registration and breakfast
09.00 Chair’s introduction and opening remarks
09.10 Keynote address:
Jefferson VanderWolk, Head of Division Tax Treaty, Transfer Pricing, and Financial Transactions, Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, OECD
09.30 Update on BEPS implementation
This panel will focus on the global take-up of BEPS guidelines, from Brazil to India, the US to Japan, and everywhere in between.
Moderator: Filipa Correia, Director – Tax Policy, International Tax Attorney, Valente Associati GEB Partners
- Camilla Kiss, Tax and Transfer Pricing Manager, Aker Solutions
- Miguel Tomé de Medeiros, Transfer Pricing Specialist, Solvay
10.45 Coffee break
11.15 Dispute resolution
In the age of transparency, TP controversy is all but guaranteed. This panel will focus on some of the most significant court cases around the world, lessons learned from them, and strategies to prevent things getting that far.
Moderator: Wendy Nicholls, Head of Transfer Pricing, Grant Thornton
- Carolina Graterol, Head of Corporate Tax & Transfer Pricing, Rosen Group
- Clive Baxter, Head of Tax Policy and Governance, Maersk
- Zahira Quattrocchi, Group Tax Director, Barilla Group
13.40 The work of tax professionals in a dynamic field
- Ruth Lynch, PhD Scholar, Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick
- Martin Laheen, PhD Scholar, Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick
14.00 Country-by-country-reporting (CbCR) and the new filing requirements
Once a fringe topic, CbCR is now a reality taxpayers have to grapple with. This panel will look at how taxpayers are tackling the new reporting challenges and discuss emerging best practices.
- Chris Lenon, Founder, Green Tax
- Rocío Bermúdez Becerra, Transfer Pricing Manager, Repsol
- Sam Barrett, Head of International Tax & Global Transfer Pricing Director, Sandvik
15.15 Coffee break
15.45 IP regimes
Patent boxes, knowledge boxes and the like are a growing trend, particularly in Europe. However, the concept of implementing an IP regime to attract research and development to a country is not always viewed favourably by policy makers.
Moderator: Kathrine Kimball, Managing Principal and Founder, Aptis Global
Sofie Stas, Principal and Founding Member, Aptis Global
17.00 Close of day one and closing comments
17.15 TP Week 10th birthday party
Download complete programme